By Jon Solomon
You're only a kid once! I personally don't believe that's true, but with all the electronic and inside distractions for kids (and wanna be kids), a “kidscaped” yard is just the solution to get them outside and get a 2nd chance at being a kid again. Here are some great ideas that we see in many of the new Tampa homes:
- Tree Swings: Kids love swings and nothing is easier than slinging a rope over a tree branch for a swing or tire.
- Pools and Water Fun: Sure a resort pool will make any kid (or adult) smile and enjoy their backyard, but sprinklers and “slip and slides” are easy alternatives, and will keep both the kids and adults entertained for hours.
- Flower & Vegetable Gardens: Of course, you’re going to have beautiful plants, but kids love getting involved. Transform a small section of the yard into a garden so your kids can enjoy the process of seeing how a seed grows. They'll enjoy the smells and maybe even eat their veggies for a change.
- Playhouses and Playsets: Whether it’s Cinderella’s castle, a Pirate Ship or Tree House, this area is only limited by your imagination and wallet. Take a look at our past blog post to learn more about building an imaginative playhouse or treehouse for your children.
- Sports Areas: Maybe you have a future baseball, soccer or basketball hall of famer. Dedicating a small area of your backyard is as easy as setting up a goal or hoop. If you want to get the whole family involved in some competitive fun, set up a volleyball or badminton court in your backyard. You can even get creative and use stencils and spray paint to make an outdoor Twister game.
These are just a few items that Tampa custom homeowners can use to get that 2nd chance at being a kid, and really light a fire to “kidscape” your yard. Have fun!
Follow us on our Blog & Social Network -
Javic Blog: http://javichomes.wordpress.com/