The average American moves 12 times in their lifetime. Here are a few tips to make your next move a little easier and less stressful.
- Have a first open bag with the things youll need mosttoiletries, tools, pen and paper, cups and plates, water, and snacks. If you have pets, set aside food and water bowls.
- Pack everything before the movers arrive. Even if they are friends, they dont want to wait for you while you finish packing. If they are professional movers, you will be charged for their time.
- Try to keep kids and pets out of the way during the move.
- Label boxes legibly so you can easily identify their contents.
- Notify the post office to forward your mail to your new address. Develop a list of friends, relatives, employers, and business colleagues who need to be notified of the move. Notify your banks, credit card companies, and magazine subscriptions of the change of address.
- Arrange in advance to have utilities disconnected at your old home and connected at your new one.
- Check insurance coverage for moved items. Usually movers only cover what they pack.
- Clean out appliances before the move.
- If needed, check with the property manager about restrictions on using the elevator or particular exits.
Whether you are buying or selling a home, George Maynes will always work in your best interest while helping to make your real estate transactions as stress free as possible.
George Maynes and his team are excited to assist you in all of your real estate transactions. Please contact George Maynes for a FREE (no obligation) consultation if you plan to buy and/or sell a home. We will provide you with reliable advice so you can make informed decisions.
Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS®
2451 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130