Is your house on the market this coming holiday season? Are you debating on whether or not to pull it off the market until after the holidays?
Are you considering putting your house on the market now even with the holiday season approaching?
There are pros and cons to both. First of all, yes houses do still sell during the holidays. I've sold a house on the day before Christmas one year, and another year, I remember having a closing the day after Christmas. It is also true however that things do typically slow down through the holiday season and don't pick back up until after the first of the year.
Advantages to having your home on the market during the holidays:
- There is typically less inventory during this time also meaning you have LESS Competition! Waiting until spring there will likely be a lot more listings for your house to compete with.
- Buyers looking during the holiday season are usually VERY serious buyers and need to purchase a home in a certain time frame. That is why they are out house hunting while everyone else is shopping and preparing for holiday meals and get togethers.
- Whenever your house is on the market you have to live your life a little differently keeping your house in show condition. This can sometimes be a difficult task during the holiday season
- Be prepared for showings. You will want to accommodate the buyers showings as best as you can, and during the holiday season, for some this can cause some added stress.
- You may want to keep your holiday decorations to a minimum.
Contact me for a free Market Analysis. No pressure, No obligation