I have conversations each day with people interested in a Real Estate career. I speak with people truly looking to make a "career" change to individuals who think this could be a part time "job". I spoke with a gentleman today who asked me how much we would pay him to work for us. Interesting conversation that was. Needless to say, he wasn't the right fit for our company.
Another conversation I had today included a young lady who asked me if we would guarantee her a position with CENTURY 21 Scheetz if she went to school and got her license. I gave her these five reasons a real estate career might be right for her and therefore be right for us to have her on our team.
- Is Real Estate going to be your full time career? Too many people today think they will, "do real estate on the side". No, you won't, and you can't. I have mentioned the word Real Estate "Career" many times thus far because it is just that, a career. It is NOT something you do part time.
- Do you have a good network of people you know? 60-70% of your business should come from people that you know. The people you know also know people who will at some time or another need real estate services. You want to make sure you are that go to person.
- Do you want to make money? Are you hungry to succeed? Do you want to pursue a real estate career so you can be in charge of making as much money as you want, or are you that type of person who wants to get into real estate because they like pretty houses? If you're the latter you would not be a good fit for CENTURY 21 Scheetz.
- Are you coachable, and are you willing to be coached? There is a lot to learn in this business. If you join our company and are willing to learn from your coach/manager, and are willing to be held accountable and mentored, then a real estate career would be a great choice
- Do you want to own your own business? Yes, it is a business, and yes, you are the owner. If you don't run your business effectively you will not have a business. But, if you want to be in charge of your own destiny, be in control of your own destiny, make as much money as you want to make, have the flexible hours to manage your business, then real estate might be a great choice for you.
The young gal who asked me if we would guarantee her a position. My answer to her was no, we would not guarantee a position unless she could answer yes to the above questions. We know we aren't always the right fit for everyone, but we do know this much, if you decide to build your real estate career with CENTURY 21 Scheetz, and you answer yes to those five questions, you will succeed.
For more information on a Real Estate Career in the Indianapolis area go to our career center.