As the brilliant colors of fall invade our surroundings and the marsh grasses die back for the winter, Founders Pointe residents enjoy nature walks and breathtaking sunrises from whole new perspective. The community’s winding trails, located near Smithfield, Virginia, lead to the perfect spot to take in these spectacular views, the 844′ pier overlooking Batten Bay and the James River. Two overlooks, one halfway down the pier and the other at the pier’s end, provide stopping places with benches and scenic views across the marsh and river.
A dozen Nature Watch signs with illustrations and kid-friendly nature facts identify the many plants, birds and animals that can be seen around the marsh and bay. From herons, to crabs, to soaring eagles, with views that reach to the James River and beyond, the possibilities are never-ending.
Come to Founders Pointe, a waterfront community centrally located in Hampton Roads, and discover the perfect pairing of yesterday’s hometown feeling with today’s convenient lifestyle.
Life at Founders Pointe begins at home, with quality homes tucked into quiet lanes and private cul-de-sacs, made all the more inviting by marsh, creek and wooded views. Ten custom homebuilders are providing a wide array of innovative home designs featuring a variety of distinctive architectural styles. Click here to see our Available New Homes for sale.
Overlooking the Batten Bay, with creeks and tributaries flowing to the James River, there’s never a shortage of breathtaking vistas and outdoor activities. Residents enjoy resort-style amenities including a community clubhouse with a lakefront swimming pool, a children’s playground, leisure trails for walking and biking, an Observation Pier that overlooks the Hampton roads and Batten Bay, and more. Even socializing with your neighbors is made effortless at Founders Pointe, with a year-round calendar of social events planned by a community Activities Director.
With quality custom homes from the $400′s to over $1 million, this community provides you with not only the home of your dreams, but the opportunity to live the lifestyle you have always dreamed of living. Founders Pointe is centrally located to all of Hampton Roads, near the historic town of Smithfield, just 3 miles south of the James River Bridge in the Carrollton area of Isle of Wight County - a quick 10 minute drive to the Peninsula or 25 minutes to downtown Norfolk.
Overall Neighborhood Concept and the Resort Style Amenities
The centerpiece of Founders Pointe are the exceptional resort-style recreational amenities the community has to offer. Rarely, does a neighborhood with only 319 homes have a clubhouse and pool, but to find it on the scale of the Founders Pointe Residents’ Club, that’s truly unique. (Monthly Association dues are only $93/month which includes maintenance of the common area and access to the amenities.)
- Residents’ Club with swimming pool and 112′ water slide
- 844′ observation pier offering panoramic views of Batten Bay and the James River
- Three miles of biking/walking trails and sidewalks
- Playground and sand volleyball court
- Full-time Activities Director coordinating year-round events for all ages.In addition to hosting sporting and fitness activities, the clubhouse serves as a center for holiday celebrations, themed social events for adults, and special interest clubs. A full-time activities director keeps the community’s social calendar full with a year-round schedule of exciting events. The clubhouse’s swimming pool and waterslide is augmented by a children’s playground and sand volleyball court. Both children and adults make use of the network of nearly three miles of sidewalks and walking trails that wind throughout the community. An observation pier overlooks Batten Bay, with views reaching to the James River and the Hampton Roads. Founders Pointe provides a nurturing environment in which children can thrive and adults can relax.
Quality Homes, Distinctive Architecture
A Preferred Builder team of ten quality homebuilders have helped carry out the vision of developing one of the most attractive and best looking neighborhoods in our region. You’ll find a wide variety of distinctive home styles such as English Cottage, Craftsman, American Traditional, Colonial, and European Transitional style. Since our grand opening in the spring of 2005, over 165 families have decided to relocate to Founders Pointe. Founders Pointe was selected as “Community of the Year” twice by the local homebuilder's association. You can see the beautiful homes on the Interactive Map.
For more information, call (757) 238-9009. The Information Center is open daily. New homes and waterfront homesites are now available.
Site of the Peninsula Housing & Builders Association
PARADE OF HOMES ~ Spring of 2013
Twice chosen Community of the Year