Like it or not it appears we are working our way through another round of Conference Realingment in College Football. For the second time in the last two years the Big East is at risk to lose 2-3 schools. That being said what moves should the Big East Commish be proactively be orchestrating ? Here are his next moves:
1. Bring in U-Mass - all ready a good Basketball(BB) school(important to BE schools) and they are in the process of building their Football(FB) program. The Big East needs a presence in MA .
2. Add ECU- it's just time ! Rabid football fans, full stadiums and desirious of Big East membership !
3. Do whatever it takes to get Air Force(AFA) and BYU into the Western Conference .
4. Upgrade BSU's and SDSU's membership to include inclusion to BE Basketball.
5. Be one of the first Super 16 Conferences so look to add 1-2 more schools from CA .
6. Don't sweat losing any school moving forward who isn't a loyal ,proud member of the Big East ! After all it's never beneficital to have a termite in the wood pile .
The 2013 Season should be a period of redefining the Big East Brand for both FB and BB and it is very important that all members are "all in" . Let's build a new foundation and conference type that is unique to the Big East .