Let's face it - time is probably our greatest resource. We never seem to have enough of it and it seems to pass so quickly. Well, we won't get any more of it and we can't slow it down. What we can do is make the most of the time we have. Here are seven simple steps you can take to get the most out of your day.
- Plan your day the night before - At the end of each day write out all the things you need to do the following day to achieve your goals. Pull together all the information you'll need; phone numbers and relevant paperwork.
- Prioritize your list - Number each item and do the jobs you least like first. There's always the temptation to do the easy jobs first. However, think how the thought of doing the nasty jobs hangs over you as you do the easy stuff.
- Stick to your list - Mark off each item as you go and don't let yourself be distracted. The temptation is to handle the telephone and e-mails as they come in. The phone is hard to ignore but you could always pull out the plug and let it go to voice mail and switch off the email program.
- Remember the Three "D's" - Do it, Delegate it or Dump it. Handle each piece of paper only once. Either do something about it now, delegate it to someone else or toss it in the trash.
- Don't procrastinate - It's so easy to put things off. Procrastination is for wimps! DO IT NOW!
- Plan your leisure time - Take up activities that need you to be at a certain place at a certain time. Instead of just saying you're going to do something, mark a specific time on your day planner.
- Be honest with yourself - Keep asking - "Is what I'm doing now getting me to where I want to get to?" if the answer is "no," change what you're doing.
Practicing these seven tips is the easiest way to get more out of your day and more out of your life. And, when there's just not enough of you to go around, contact your friendly Real Estate Virtual Assistant.