So you have decided to write an offer on a Lethbridge home. The first thing people think about is price, but besides the price, there are many things that you need to consider.
1) DEPOSIT: What kind of a deposit you want to offer. Real estate deposits in Lethbridge can range from as little as $1,000 to more than $10,000, depending on the price of the home, and the time until possession.
2) ATTACHMENTS: Are you going to ask for the things that are included with the home? Fridge, stove, washer-dryer, for example.
3) POSSESSION: What day would you like to officially own the house? If you are renting, remember you will need to give notice there as well. Possession day should be a business day so lawyers can transfer funds. If you are buying and selling at the same time, you may want to see if you can move into your new home before have to move out of the one you are selling.
4) TERMS: Terms are different than conditions. They are things you may ask the seller to do, such as a professional cleaning, or minor repairs, but they are usually not deal breakers.
5) CONDITIONS: The main conditions a buyer normally has are property inspection and financing. In Lethbridge, most banks and Lethbridge mortgage professionals require 10 days for approval. There are many qualified professional Lethbridge Property inspectors you can call.
6) KEEPING OFFER OPEN: You need to give a deadline for the seller to respond to your offer. 24 hours should be sufficient, unless the seller is out of town. If you are concerned that another offer may come in, you may want to give a shorter deadline.
Of course, this is only a basic list, as there are many other things to consider when writing an offer on a Lethbridge home, and every situation is different. That is why it is in your best interest to have an experienced Lethbridge Realtor to guide you through the process and any questions you may have. A Lethbridge Realtor can provide you with comparable sold properties, and help you determine what you feel is an acceptable purchase price for your home.
If you are thinking of buying a home in Lethbridge, please give me a call for a non-obligation consultation. 403-795-8783