There are a lot of things you can do to prep for home shopping or home selling, but there are only a few things that are important. Honestly. You may be overthinking it. Talked to someone today focused on everything but.....
Here are the three things:
On the SELLING side:
1. Pack! A lot! No, you can't pack too much! Thin everything from living spaces to kid hiding places -- closets!
2. Clean! Thoroughly! I mean really really thoroughly. Baseboards, vents, blinds, windows, things in between things!
3. Inspect! Repair or replace everything not in working order. Paint what's weathered. Fix what's broken.
* Gold star if your curb appeal is perfectly hedged, trees trimmed, beds mulched, and there is even color in the entry!
4. Call me!
1. Call a lender. Apply. See what you qualify for and what the terms will be. Know your comfy zone. Get all docs to lender.
2. Focus. Ignore what falls outside the parameters of what your budget allows; only consider what you really want.
3. Start packing. It's never too soon to pack. The time it takes is typically underestimated, so start now!
4. Call me!
Promise. The list is really that simple. Especially the call me part!