You’re probably saying “yes” to this question, right?
Well, in working with exceptional agents, and reading articles and blogs, I would like to share some of attributes that I have observed.
- Mastery of Documents – can explain every single line and its meaning on a sales contract, including disclosures and inspection reports.
- Master of Photography – knows that awesome photos are a critical element in getting potential buyers and agents to view the home. They either take a photography course or spend the money to hire an expert.
- Mastery of Home Construction – realizes the importance of basic home construction when it comes to home repair issues. It’s critical in explaining to sellers what needs to be done and why.
- Negotiating Skills – knows how to stay calm and solve problems when trying to negotiate a sale or repair issues.
- Follow-Up System – has a detailed checklist and follow-up systems in place so nothing is forgotten and the sale closes on time.
- Teamwork Skills – has identified and worked with great lenders, home inspectors, handymen, contractors (electricians, plumbers, heating contractors), painters, etc., and knows who to trust to get the job done.
- Technology Skills – knows the MLS system backward and frontward. Knows how to add listings and photos to various websites. Has basic knowledge of software programs such as MS Word, Excel, or company software system (or hires someone who does have the technology skills).
So, do these sound like the type of skills that you’d like an agent (to help you sell or buy a home) to possess?
If so contact me...I work with some exceptional agents in NWA and would love to make a recommendation.