If you're thinking about moving to Surrey, British Columbia, you couldn't have picked a better time. a winter wonderland awaits you, whether you head to the mountains for snowboarding, to Vancouver for nightlife and shopping or never leave town.
Ask your Surrey real estate agent about things to do this winter or check out the Winter 2013 Leisure Guide published by the city of Surrey.
Consider some of these relaxing and fun ways to spend your after-work hours in Surrey:
· Listen to Broadway tunes at the Surrey Art Centre. The Vaudevillians, a group of volunteer seniors, sing, dance and amuse audiences 10 months of the year in the Lower Mainland. When you're not snuggling up near the fireplace in your new Surrey home or while taking a break from searching for homes for sale in Surrey BC, catch a show. Proceeds help support performing arts programs at Douglas College.
· Take an art class. Milos Campbell, who holds the rank of Master Printer, will teach classes in printmaking play and printmaking discovery this winter. And Luc Charchuk, a professional artist with more than 30 years of experience, will teach drawing and watercolour courses. You can learn to draw some of the beautiful Surrey homes for sale or create something to hang on the wall of your new Surrey home. Children's programs will also be held through the Surrey Art Centre and a children's art festival will be held in May 2013.
· Check out the recreation centres in Cloverdale, Fleetwood, Newton, North Surrey and South Surrey. Go for a swim in one of the pools, improve your strength in a weight-training room, drop off your children at a pre-school site or improve your diet with a nutrition program.
· Go birding. Learn more about your feathered friends in one of the monthly birding walks sponsored by Surrey's parks department.
· Visit the historic Stewart Farm in Surrey BC, which this month is delighting visitors with old-fashioned Christmas activities.
· Make friends with someone from the Vancouver Welsh Men's Choir. Their December concert is sold out, but a choir member may have a comp ticket or two for their Sounds of Christmas show. Or , if you've got a great voice, see if you can try out for a future performance.
· Join the Christmas Party at the Surrey Nature Centre Dec. 15.
· Catch Louise Pitre in concert. Canada's first lady of musical theater will be in concert Feb 9, 2013.
· Go hiking or biking in one of thousands of trails. You can also go golfing, climbing and ziplining in or near Surrey, BC. The Visitor Centre will provide details of available activities close to the Surrey homes of you and your neighbors.
· Indulge your inner fashionista at the Central City shopping center. The center's 25-storey glass tower has been featured in movies and TV shows, including I, Robot and Smallville.
· And don't forget to check out the magnificent waterways near Surrey. Whether you enjoy whale-watching, kayaking, diving or boating, there's a river, lake or ocean ready to welcome you to your new home in Surrey BC.