Addison Pacesetters Learn About the Town's Chief Financial Officer.
Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Eric Cannon, Addison's Chief Financial Officer, spoke to us. Here is some interesting information from his presentation and the Q & A session that followed:
- Eric is a TCU grad, with background in audit and finance.
- He worked for the city of Azle and also in Trophy Club.
- Eric got his CPA license in April. He's been with the Town of Addison for 6 months.
- While he was speaking to us, the auditors were in his office, auditing.
- The town recently authorized $34.8 Million in debt from bond issues. The were issued with the lowest interest rate of 2.72%.
- The tax rate for Addison citizens has been maintained. The goal is to maximize resources for the taxpayers.
- Sales tax numbers are going up.
- Eric's goals for his department are to decrease turnover, evaulate how they do business, and take better advantage of technology.
Next month, the first Wednesday is January 2nd. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros. and learn about the town of Addison. The speakers begin their presentations at 10:30 am. Come early, grab a cup of coffee. The Mayor holds court at 10:00 am, so if you have questions about Addison, that's a good time to get answers. See you next month with the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.