Connecticut Smart Energy Choices for Residential and Commercial.
New built buildings are more and more energy efficient, healthy and comfortable to be in. Yet the overwhelming majority of our buildings are 30, 40, 50 or more years old. The goal is to retrofit the older buildings to achieve the same level of sustainability as the new built one.
Connecticut has launched 2 new websites to help property owners make “Smart Energy Choices”. The programs promote residents, businesses, communities and educators to join together for clean, renewable energy sources and to improve our existing build performances. This will result in strengthening the Connecticut economy, protect community health, improve the environment and promote a safe and secure energy supply for Connecticut.
1. The Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority, CEFIA is the nation’s first full scale clean energy finance authority that offers incentives and innovations to low cost financing for energy improvement.
2. Energize Ct is a new website for “Smart Energy Choices” for both residential and commercial buildings. It is one stop shopping full of information on:
- Energy Efficiency Programs
- Funding for Projects
- Rebates and Incentives
- Energy Saving Tips
- Community Programs
Updating old building to today’s standards is a win-win for everyone:
- The owner who has a better quality building.
- The tenant who has lower utility costs.
- The workers who have a healthier environment to work in.
- The business owner who sees more productivity in a clean environment.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County and is a designated “Green” Realtor at William Pitt Sotheby’s International Realty in Darien, Ct.