USDA Guaranteed Loan Refinance – Post Divorce and Legal Separation

Mortgage and Lending with Millennial Home Loans, LLC NMLS #133925

USDA Guaranteed Loan Refinance – Post Divorce and Legal Separation

A USDA Guaranteed Loan can be refinance post-divorce without requiring a new appraisal report.  This allows borrowers who owe more on their current mortgage than the house is worth to refinance the house, thus removing their former spouse from title and take advantage of today's low interest rates.  However, the borrower to the transaction that wants to maintain ownership of the property must meet several additional requirements.  These requirements include the following:

  • Provide a court ordered divorce decree or seperation agreement specifying who is to own the property
  • The remaining borrower must be able to qualify for the new mortgage without their former spouses or co-borrowers income when determining the debt-to-income ratio
  • If there is any court order child support or alimony needed by the borrower to qualify for the new mortgage, when calculating the debt to income ratio, the borrower must be able to document receipt of twelve payments prior to making a loan application.

The USDA Guaranteed Loan Refinance will still allow for an appraisal report exemption that is available on all USDA Streamline Refinances. When removing a borrower from title because of divorce or legal separation the remaining borrower will not be eligible to take advantage of the USDA Pilot Program, but can still use the USDA Streamline Refinance.

To learn more about your USDA Refinance options go to, Americas premier USDA Refinance Loan website, or call (866) 351-3229.


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Mortgage / Finance
usda refinance divorce
usda refinance seperation
usda divorce
usda seperation

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
John smith

If you've just bought the house 3 years ago, and want to get a divorce with the person whom you bought it with , how does that work ? I cannot afford to "buy her out" or buy the house myself ?? Am I not allowed to get divorced for the 5 year time ??? Someone help please ! ?

Mar 16, 2017 08:46 AM #2
Corey Vandenberg
Platinum Home Mortgage - Lafayette, IN

If you are in Indiana or Florida, I would be happy to help in a divorce, previous foreclosure, previous bankruptcy, or other major life event.  Click here for your best option  We have more home mortgage loan options than anyone. 

Sep 22, 2017 08:07 PM #3
Hamza Kumar

Good Day Dear Loan Seeker,

*Debt Consolidation Loans *Business Loans *Personal Loans *Home Loans *Car Finance *Commercial Loans *Investments Loans *Debts Consolidation *Business Planning *Commercial Development Finance *Properties Mortgages *Bad credit loans *commercial loans *Start-up- working capital loans *Construction loans *Car loans, *Hotel loans*Student loans

call or add us on what's app +1 (646) 902-5821

**Are you financially squeezed?
**Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
**Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
**Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
**Do you seek loans to carry out large projects?

call or add us on what's app +1 (646) 902-5821

Mr Abdul

Oct 04, 2017 03:39 PM #4
max william

Do you need Finance?
Are you looking for Finance?
Are you looking for a money to enlarge your business?
We help individuals and companies to obtain loan for business
expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get a loan at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this cash/loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via

Oct 10, 2019 10:17 AM #5
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


David Zuckerman

Mortgage Broker - Low-to-no downpayment mortgages
Ask me a question