The City of Colorado Springs announced a new internship program for college students. The goal is to help college students learn more about municipal government.
The offered positions are only hourly positions without benefits, however it could be a great opportunity for a little extra experience and a bit of extra money.
Human Resources Director Mike Sullivan lists the benefits:
For the Student:
- Enhances your academic experience
- Provides valuable professional experience to enhance skills and competencies
- Gives you new resources for networking and mentoring
For the City:
- Provides a source of talent and new ideas
- Brings in new energy and skills
- Derive benefit from the intern’s work product
What a great opportunity for college students in Colorado Springs.