Food for Fines
This month Redwood City public libraries are offering the chance to clear your library fines by donating food to those in need. Bring non-perishable food items to one of the participating libraries (listed below) before the end of December to take advantage of this offer. All food collected will be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank. A few guidelines:
- Food must be in store-sealed cans, boxes, or plastic containers within its expiration date.
- No glass containers, perishable food, or open containers.
- Good for library fines and hold fees only (not valid for lost or damaged items).
- Valid only for material from a participating library.
Libraries participating in the Food for Fines program:
- Redwood City libraries: Downtown, Fair Oaks, Schaberg, Redwood Shores
- San Mateo County libraries: Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Millbrae, Pacifica-Sanchez, Pacifica-Sharp Park, Portola Valley, San Carlos, Woodside
Visit the Redwood City library home page for more information about Food for Fines, or call (650) 312-5205.