TEN MORE CHRISTMAS COMMANDMENTS:
1. Thou shalt not go to more than one party per day. Be careful not to wear yourself out. Learn to say "no" and only accept invitations to parties you REALLY want to attend.
2. Thou shalt refuse third helpings. If you need to loosen your belt, STOP EATING! I'm not much worried about you gaining weight, it will drop. I am concerned about heart burn and indigestion. That will spoil your fun and your mood.
3. Thou shalt limit your alcohol consumption. Have a great evening out but don't lose control, especially in this digital age. You may end up looking at yourself online the next day and it most likely will NOT be flattering!
4. Thou shalt be yourself. If you hate wearing a suit and tie, or high heels and short skirts, then don't! Being comfortable will only increase your enjoyment. Don't feel you have to keep up with fashion if it is not your style!
5. Thou shalt respect your budget. We all know it is by far better to give than receive but try to limit your use of credit cards. I don't advise carrying cash (ever) so allow your Debit Card to become your new best friend. If you can't pay for it, you don't buy it: SIMPLE?
6. Thou shalt avoid arguments. Avoid talking about politics, money and religion. (sex is okay!) Be ready to compromise and walk away if disagreements arise.
7. Tho shalt make some time for yourself. Step away from the crowd. Step back from all the bizzyness. Breathe, take a nap ZZZZZZ
8. Tho shalt give to others. Tiz the season to help out a friend or volunteer for a local organization. Bring your children to a Seniors Home and sing for them. Bring them cookies, magazines, books, listen to their stories about Christmas past.
9. Tho shalt be careful on the roads. Don't drive in poor road conditions, if you are overtired, or have been over served. Take a TAXI or arrange for a Designated Driver. Better yet, BE THE Designated Driver. Also, be aware of others who may be frustrated or overwhelmed on the roads. Make allowances for others. It won't hurt, I promise. Be the Bigger Driver!!!! (especially in crowded parking lots!!!!)
10. Tho shalt have fun. Say "YES" to fun and forget about stress. Play games; board games, cards, pictionary, checkers (the little ones will beat you for sure) Who plays the piano? Singsongs are huge this season. Can the video games be put away? Pulleeze?
Enjoy the best of the season with friends and family.