Incase you didn't purchase a live tree this year to replant after your family was done enjoying it's loveliness, you have options! RECYCLE ! Recycling prevents filling up the land fills. Here are some options :
- Drop off at a designated location to make mulch. If you are in the Las Vegas Area here are the locations to do so:
LAS VEGAS - Several locations around the valley are accepting and recycling Christmas trees. A list of drop-off locations can be found below:
North Las Vegas
· Aviary Park - 6650 Aviary Way & I-215
· Cheyenne Sports Complex - 3500 E. Cheyenne at Pecos
· Seastrand Park - 6330 Camino Eldorado near Centennial Parkway & I-215
· Acacia Park - 50 Casa Del Fuego St., I-215 at Gibson
· Anthem Hills Park - 2256 Reunion Drive at Anthem Parkway
· Mission Hills Park - 551 E. Mission Drive at College
· Pecos Legacy Park - 150 Pecos Rd.
· Whitney Ranch Recreation Center - 1575 Galleria Drive, near Russell Rd. & Whitney Ranch Drive
· Morrell Park – 500 Harris St. at Basic Rd.
· Arroyo Grande - 298 Arroyo Grande Blvd
Las Vegas Springs Preserve
· 333 S. Valley View Blvd.
· Desert Breeze Park - 8275 Spring Mountain Rd. at Durango (Behind the Community Center)
· Lone Mt. Park - 4445 N. Jensen near Jensen & Helena
· Sunset Park - 2601 E. Sunset at Eastern
NV Division of Forestry Nursery
· Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs - 9600 Tule Springs Rd., near US-95 N at Durango
UNLV Rebel Recycling Program
· Flamingo & Swenson, SE corner behind 3 solar dishes/UNLV Solar Site
Nellis Air Force Base
· Recycling Center, Building 461
City of Las Vegas
· Bruce Trent Park - 8851 Vegas Drive, Vegas Dr. & Rampart
· Sunny Springs Park - 7620 Golden Talon Ave. near Elkhorn Rd & Farm Rd.
· 12200 Southern Highlands Parkway
· RC Willey - 3850 S. Town Center Dr., Town Center & 215
You can also give it an orginization to the birds or the fish to provide food or shelter
Compost or chip it to use in your garden
Make mulch and use it to protect your plants
Or make it into a trellis for your veggies to grow on in your garden
Just a few ideas. Recycling, the more we do it , the more we do it. We are all on this planet together, let's take care of eachother. Happy Holidays!