My mother is fantastic. She's wise, funny, and fiercely devoted to her family. Every New Years Day, she says the same thing. "Whatever you do on New Year's Day, you do all year. So choose wisely."
To her, that means something like going for a walk in the woods. To me, that means something different.
Here's what I'm NOT doing on New Years because I don't want to do them all year long:
- laundry - folding, sorting, washing, or drying. None.
- housecleaning of any kind
- following up on dead end leads
- listing any overpriced houses
- showing any properties to buyers who aren't pre-qualified
- showing unqualified rentals 12+ properties and then waiting by the phone for a decision
- working with any "investors" who have about $25k to spend and want to go "wild"
And here's what I am doing today:
- spending time with family and friends
- eating good food and drinking good wine
- reconnecting with people I want in my life
Wishing you and yours a 2013 filled with love, laughter, and light! Choose wisely today, friends!