Wakefield’s Residential listing data reflects a decrease in market inventory by 5%, successful transfers are pretty much in line with last year’s numbers, up slightly by 4%. There are currently ninety-eight residential homes available for purchase; fifteen offer waterfront and/or water access; one condominium unit and eight commercial properties. Values are still waning with a drop of 6% over last year’s averages…we’re not out of the woods yet, but some of the market indicators are showing signs of improvement.
Year-End 2012 Residential Markets
- 232 New Listings…down 5.6%
- 103 Pending Sales…up 21.1%
- 102 Residential Homes resulted in a successful close…up 4.08%
- Average Price Sold Homes…$195,686., down 6.3%
- Average DOM (Days on the Market) 147…decreased by 6.5% or 11 days
- Lowest Sales Price…900 Acton Ridge Road, Wakefield $32,000 | A frame on .88 acres
- Highest Sales Price…125 Hunt Road, Wakefield $726,610. | .99 acres w/285’ of water frontage on Pine River Pond
Wakefield’s Vacant Land listing data reflects a decrease in market inventory by 13% when compared to 2011’s year-end stats. There are currently sixty-two vacant land parcels available for purchase in Wakefield. Year-end sales volume reports a 114% increase over last year, along with pending sales noted to be up by a 125% margin.
Year End 2012 Vacant Land Market
- 66 New Listings… down 13.1%
- 18 Pending Sales…up 125%
- 15 Vacant parcels resulted in a successful close…up 114%
- Average Price for Parcels…$45,400., up 30.5%
- Average DOM (Days on the Market) 312 increased by 205 days
- Lowest Land Sale… TBD Barend Drive, Wakefield $12,000 | 1.29 acres w/water access
- Highest Land Sale…7 Camp Road, Wakefield $100,000., | .65 acres w/250’ on Pine River Pond
Based on information from (NNEREN) Northern New England Real Estate Network, Inc. | The period of January 1st through December 31st, 2011 & January 1st through December 31st, 2012.
Contributed by Kathleen M. Kizer, ABR, GRI, ePRO, REALTOR, Broker Associate, Costantino Real Estate, LLC | Certified Residential Appraiser, NHCR-616 | Wolfeboro Appraisal Services “Your Lakes Region Professional”
For further inquiries or questions please e-mail to Kathleen@LakesRegionBroker.com. Call direct at 603-539-3200, ext. 208 or 603-707-2753.