Matthews NC Real Estate Market 2012—Four Facts
It's time to look at the real estate market in Matthews NC and to assess how home buyers and home sellers fared during 2012.
Here are four facts about the Matthews marketplace in 2012.
- There were more closings than any year since 2007. Closings in 2012 were up 38% over 2011.
- The median closed price was 12.7% lower than 2011, falling to $183,250.
- Most home sales during the year were market resales with new construction accounting for only 7.4% of the total.
- Distressed sales accounted for a little over 20% of all sales.
What do these four facts mean for Matthews NC buyers and sellers?
- Matthews sellers in the lower priced neighborhoods were successful in selling their homes in 2012.
- Buyers who prefer a new home will find a small selection in Matthews.
- Matthews is more affordable than ever for home buyers.
Want to learn more about the real estate market in The Town of Matthews and see all the numbers for each of the past four years? Click on the link below.
Copyright 2013. Carol Fox. Allen Tate Realtors. *Matthews NC Real Estate Market 2012—Four Facts*