Creating Altars to enhance the energy flow for your life by Feng Shui LI
Now please do not be alarmed or turned off when you hear the word "altar." We create mini modern day altars all the time in our homes, cars, cubicles and offices, sometimes with knowing this fact or not. What is an altar some may ask? First it will depend on the person constructing the altar which will give meaning to it's definition.
Typically an altar is an arrangement of the four elements (earth, wind, fire, water) if that is your focus, along with any other additional objects or images to achieve your intention for its creating. Some use altars to give thanks, attain rejuvenation, to show acknowledgment, some may pray or use it as a place to honor loved ones who have passed away and so on. Again, the creation of your altar will depend on what type of energy you are looking to manifest into your life. In general altars allows true focus, guidance and connection to your higher self.
This is a more traditional styled altar that has been created with multiple intentions for spiritual growth and healing. This altar mirrors the intention to call in positive energy and guidance from one's Spirit guides, Arch angels, growth of self (symbolized with a plant), creative energies (musical vibrations), protection (Fue Dogs), peace and harmony (offerings with sage and incense) and many more intentions symbolically compiled into one. Typically you only need 2-4 items to set an altar up but use your intution to help arrange and complete the presentation. Also keep in mind as you grow and transform so will your altar.
Perhaps you would like to create a more modern day styled altar, such as one for calling in love and balanced relationships. Addressing partnership in Feng Shui is usually one of the 3 biggest areas most clients wish to enhance.
Here are some suggested guide lines when setting up an altar in your home:
1. Under stand the intention of why you are setting up an altar, always be sure the creation of one comes from positive light and your heart. will it be for love, health, career, family, etc...
2. Make a list of at least 5-10 characteristics in the type of energy you wish your altar to manifest.
Example: before setting up a love altar think about at least 5-10 characteristics of your future mate ranging from a spiritual aspect first (that will set the foundation) followed by emotional, mental and physical traits.
honesty, trust, balanced relationship, integrity, stability, colorful and fun, integrity, great in bed, what every you intend ;)
3. Reviewing your list, now find items that will symbolically represent the descriptions you have written down to mirror the type of energies you wish to manifest with that altar.
4. Take your time with the process of creating your altar, you do not want to just put any old object or item there because you lack patience in finding the right items to use. Symbolical you just saying, I'll just settle for what is available now to address my altar, even if I don't like it. Remember this mirrors your life. Know what you are manifesting, have standards, values and true focus and the proper items will come to you. Again, this mirrors life as well.
5. Not all alters have to be as noticeable as the two examples above, they can be blended into your decor. So it really depends on how comfortable you are with having this seen. Some feel their alter should be hidden or protected by being placed in a room that is only intended for the altar or enclosed somehow.
6. If you wish, allow the altar to be part of your everyday routine, meaning stop by and say thank you for helping to manifest my goals and so on. It's created to support you and your life, plus you made it for a reason ;)
*Carole Provenzale was a Certified Feng Shui Consultant who graduated from the Country's very first School for Feng Shui Studies that was licensed and accredited in 1997. She established Feng Shui Long Island along with her Daughter, Laura Cerrano. Ms. Cerrano is the second generation of Certified feng Shui consultants in her family. Being certified in 2000 and establishing her own company "Feng Shui Manhattan," Laura has a strong client base in New York City, Long Island NY, Queens, Brooklyn, New Jersey, Staten Island and the rest of the Tri-State area.
New York City Feng Shui Manhattan