Selling your Indiana home for the highest possible price in the shortest amount of time should be your goal. So what steps do you need to accomplish this?
1. Declutter - Go a step further and put away all necessary items. Pack up what you don't need including clothing, bathroom items, dishes, pots and pans. The less they see of yours the more a buyer sees the possiblities of theirs in your space.
2. Make the front entry as nice as you can - paint the front door, put on nice new front door-door knobs, paint or put in new mail box, mow your yard and make sure the lawn looks as nice as you possibly can,
3. Repair any peeling paint and preferably make bold colors into neutrals
4. Repair any dripping faucets and shine, shine, shine them
5. Bathrooms should be spotless and any thing repaired that needs to be fixed
6. Light bulbs that are burnt out you should replace with new
7. Windows should be cleaned inside and out, its unbelievable how much light clean windows can let in. So let in the light
8. Haul away any unnecessary items out of that garage - the man of the house does like to see where his man toys are going to fit.
9. Get out your warranties so they will be available to a potential buyer
10. List how old your roof, Furnace, Appliances and when you did any updates
11. Clean out the gutters - yes buyers notice if they are full the buyers then wonder about other maintenence items undone
12. In the winter clear a path to your home in the summer plant a nice welcoming flower
13. Add a welcome mat
14. update kitchen appliances if possible, they help to sell
15. Kitchen counter tops are important, update to neutral or if not possible keep clean and decluttered
16. Clean your carpets and shine the floors
17. Kill any odors, a clean smelling home helps to sell
18. Be ready ready to show, the one you say no to may be the one that got away
No matter how nice, decluttered or how many updates if you price your home to high, it won't sell. You will have maybe curiosity shoppers and shoppers that will have your home marked for when it is priced right.
Selling a home takes co-operation between the seller and the listing agent.
List your home in Indiana Shannon Thomas Indiana Real Estate! Multi Million $ Seller!