It’s not everyday you come across a company doing great things in their community and for a great cause. You may know of a few people who volunteer their time or a company who gives an end of the year donation to a local cause, which are all fantastic things, but what if a company really lived by a motto of giving back?
Recently, Ron in our office, came across a website of a real estate company who was going above and beyond... not only for their clients but also for their community! Pink Realty is committed to donating $100 from every sale to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. And they don’t stop there! Each year, they raise $20,000 for the cure and participate in various events.
This community focused attitude is truly inspirational and has a far reaching impact. Here are just a few of the amazing benefits that stand out when doing something like this:
1. Awareness- Whether people visit your website or you talk about it in your initial meeting with a client, you’re helping to build awareness for a local cause. Oftentimes, your excitement will draw others in and make them interested in learning more about the organization and how they can get involved.
2. Client Appeal- While this isn’t the main goal, the fact that a portion of your sales will go towards a great cause will appeal to many clients looking for a real estate agent. They’ll feel good about working with you knowing they are also contributing to a local non profit and it may be the deciding factor in them choosing you over another agent.
3. The Joy of Giving- Last, but not least, is the benefit of just feeling good about giving back. There’s something about getting outside of yourself and focusing on others that gives you a fresh perspective on life and your business. Knowing that you are helping others is priceless.
There are probably a number of other reasons why giving back like this is an outstanding idea, and if you can think of more; we’d love to hear them!
As you read through this post, you may be considering ways you can do something similar! More than likely, there are a few non profits in your city that jump to the forefront of your mind with whom you’d be interested in teaming up. This is a great start! The next step would be to narrow down your options until you find that one that you feel strongly about supporting and getting others on board.
So, you may be wondering what to do once you’ve decided which cause to support. We would love to help! As Real Estate Virtual Assistants we enjoy helping our clients succeed in whatever they do. Here are just a few ways we can get you started with supporting a local non profit in your area:
- Research- If you don’t have a non profit in mind, we can do the research for you, help you narrow down your choices, and make initial contact with the organization.
- Blogging- You’ll want to tell others about the organization and what your plans are for teaming up whether it’s donating a portion of sales, volunteering on a regular basis, etc...
- Graphics- We’d love to create a graphic for your website that lets others know right away that you’re supporting a great cause.
- Web Page- You’ll want a page on your website solely for the purpose of highlighting and explaining the cause. That way, any time you post on your blog and social media, you can link back to that page.
- Widgets or Call to Action Buttons- Having a widget or call to action button can allow any interested readers to be linked directly to an online donation page, a signup for an event supporting the cause, etc... These are a great way to encourage interaction on your website and with the non profit!
We’d love to brainstorm more ways to incorporate your supported cause with your online and print presence! Feel free to contact us with any questions or to get started!
We look forward to helping you reach out and give back to your community in 2013!
Blogging & Copywriting Specialist