Too many things on your plate? Struggling with bits of scrap paper, notes drawn on napkins and reminders haphazardly loaded into your phone? With Evernote, you can do away with all of that.
Basic Evernote service is free, and premium service is just $45 per year, or $5 per month. As a real estate agent, you’ll find dozens of ways to use Evernote, so even at the premium rate, it’s a bargain.
Evernote is unique and highly useable because it allows you to save, search and retrieve information from incredibly varied formats and sources – PDFs, images, web pages, sound files, and more. The web-based software uses OCR technology to search text in images, meaning that anything you save in Evernote from your phone, tablet, mobile device or computer becomes searchable later.
With Evernote you can:
- CAPTURE & REMEMBER EVERYTHING. Save everything you see online and in the real world. Snap a photo, record some audio and save it.
- ACCESS IT FROM ANYWHERE. Evernote can be used on any computer, phone or mobile device you have.
- FIND THINGS FAST. Search by keyword, tag, or even printed or handwritten text inside images.
- MANAGE TRANSCRIBED TEXT. Using services with transcribed text, such as Google Voice, Callwave, Jott becomes even better. Simply forward to your Evernote transaction note book, and a link to the audio goes with it.
- KEEP EVERYTHING IN SYNC. With Evernote, all of your notes, web clips, files and images are made available on every device and computer you use.
- SAVE FAVORITE WEB PAGES. Save entire webpages to your Evernote account with our nifty web clipper browser extensions. You get the whole page: text, images and links.
- RESEARCH BETTER. Collect information from anywhere into a single place. From text notes to web pages to files to snapshots, everything is always at your fingertips.
- MANAGE REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS. When a transaction closes, you can save all notes, from all formats, into a folder to html, then print to one document in date order. You can then save all closed transaction folder notes in Evernote format to hard drive or CD for retrieval later, without having to save the entire note book.
- WORK WITH FRIENDS & COLLEAGUES. Share your notes and collaborate on projects with friends, colleagues and classmates.
- AUTOMATE. Monitor and auto-sync with folders on your computer to copy documents to notes automatically.
For a busy real estate professional, Evernote is one of those online tools that is truly a godsend. You’ll find scores of other handy uses for the tool, beyond those listed about. What are some of your favorite technology tools?
This article was originally posted at: http://blog.propertiesonline.com/how-evernote-can-be-ever-so-helpful-to-a-real-estate-agent/