Seal Your Leaky Ducts Now with AEROSEAL, UL-listed.
It is not uncommon to have your ducts leaking by 20% and sometimes even 30% or more which means lost heating and cooling to your living space. With new ‘green’ building practices duct work usually remains within the condition living space but the majority of prior built homes have ducts in unconditioned spaces such as attics, basements and crawl spaces.
Once the duct work is in place with in walls and other hard to reach locations it has been in the past hard to repair leaks and faulty workmanship. Now you do not have to rip out old leaky ducts with this new vapor sealer that is injected into your ducts.
Aeroseal is a nationwide company, 5 dealers in Connecticut, with a product that is a vinyl sealing material that starts off as a gas vapor in your ducts and seals cracks and holes up to 5/8 inch. The sealant is UL-listed for smoke generation and flame spread with additional testing by UL shows no signs of mold growth or erosion. The sealant is a water base solution prior to application that contains two chemicals, vinyl acetate polymer (VAP) and 2-ethyl-1 hexanol (2E1H). Both chemicals are considered nontoxic by OSHA.
The process for a normal size home takes about a day and leaves no lingering odor and comes with a 10 year warranty.
Installation process consists of an Air Duct Diagnostic and Inspection to determine how much duct leakage there is with some homeowners having saved up to 40% on their energy bills.
- Pre-seal test as baseline for duct leakage
- Block off registers.
- Inject Aeroseal into duct system.
- Cracks and holes sealed.
- Computer and sensors measure and control process.
- Post-seal test and measurements.
- Complete Report and certificate printed for record of improvement.
Aeroseal has won the “Energy 100” award from the US Department of Energy (DOE) along with being rated as one of the 23 most beneficial technologies to the American consumer from DOE.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the HBA CT Green Homes Council.
- GPRO Construction Management Certified by Urban Green Council, USGBC NY.