It’s that time of year for flu symptoms to appear! The Round Rock ISD Health Services Department takes their job seriously of getting the word out for preventative actions to ward off flu! They know preventative actions may slow the spread of germs that cause respiratory (nose, throat and lungs) illnesses, like flu.
They have compiled a list of preventative actions to take during the flu season. You can go online: List of preventative actions to read or see the list below:
- Cover your nose and mouth with the crook of your elbow or upper arm when you cough or sneeze. This will block the spread of droplets from your mouth or nose that could contain the flu virus.
- Proper and consistent hand washing is essential. Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Use a paper towel to turn off the faucet if it is not automatic. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer; apply to palm of one hand; rub hands together covering all surfaces until dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as germs spread this way.
- Avoid sharing objects. If an activity requires the passing around of an object, be sure to wash hands afterwards.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you or your child gets sick with a respiratory illness, like flu, limit contact with others as much as possible to help prevent spreading the illness. Stay home (or keep your child home) for at least 24 hours after fever is gone except to seek medical care. Fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
- Disinfect common surfaces.
- If an outbreak of flu occurs, follow public health advice. This may include information about how to increase distance between people and other measures.
- For more information, visit the Center for Disease Control
As always local information is brought to you as a courtesy of Dorie Dillard Coldwell Banker United Realtors; you’re NW Austin Real Estate Consultant.
P.S. If you are considering the sale or purchase in NW Austin I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and exceed your expectations.
Search for homes in NW Austin
“WE ARE ALWAYS HERE TO ASSIST YOU!”