By now, we all know the value of having and regularly maintaining a blog as a way to create an online presence for business. If you're thinking that your blog is a waste of time, maybe it's time to reassess your effort, commitment and strategies. Your blog deserves the same time and attention as your business website. Adding fresh content at least once a week is a must for blog traffic success. You can build a blog for free or as I strongly suggest, get a self-hosted site. They're very cost-effective and much more customizable. My favorite is a WordPress site.Either way, unless people are able to find your blog, what does it matter?
Here are Ten Tips that will Bring Traffic to your Blog Site:
- Fresh Content – No one wants to visit a blog day after day and see the same posts. Update your blog content at least once a week. If you have a lengthy topic you'd like to write about, cut it up into several smaller posts and upload them at different times.
- Article Marketing - Create content not only for your blog but also to be submitted to article directories. Use the resource box to advertise your blog so people can find you. This could mean a little more effort on your part since most article marketing sites want original content that hasn't been posted elsewhere. A little rewrite will go a long way.
- Social Networking - Add your blog posts to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other business-related networks. Some networks allow you to add your RSS feed; a real automated time-saver. Join groups related to your business.
- Viral Marketing - Spread the word about your blog. Make sure you have it listed on all online and offline marketing materials.
- Use RSS Feeds - We all know the KISS method. Here's the RSS method - "Really Simple Syndication". Readers can subscribe to your blog's feed and automatically get your latest content when it's posted. This is also a real time-saver for you.
- Submit Your Blog to Search Engines - This will allow your blog to be ranked and crawled. Make sure your blog post is also optimized for search engines; title, description, and tags (keywords).
- Join Forums - This is a great way to get and share ideas. You will also be able to add a link to your blog in your signature line.
- Visit Other Blogs - When someone posts a comment on your blog, it's just plain courtesy to acknowledge them. Leave comments on their blog. It's a great way to leave a link back to your blog.
- Search Engine Optimization - As you're writing your blog, use relevant keywords. Your keyword density should be between 3% and 10% for higher search engine rankings. Do a little research to see which words are most popular.
- Social Bookmarking - Submit your posts to social bookmarking sites such as Reddit, Delicious, Digg, Technorati and others. This allows members of these sites to track you back to your blog.
Here's a Bonus Tip - Add a social sharing widget to your blog site to make it easy for readers to share your posts. If this list seems a little daunting, start with one item and continue to build on the others. As long as you continue to move in the right direction, you'll always be moving forward. It takes time and consistency. If you simply don't have the time, energy or inclination but can see the importance of being seen online, contact your friendly Real Estate Virtual Assistant. She'll be your peace of mind.