Amazing! Reposting this interesting article by Dennis Norman from the St Louis Real Estate News.
Number of Homeowners that Think Now is a Good Time to Sell on the Rise
The number of homeowners with an intent to sell that think now is a good time to sell, increased almost 50 percent in the Redfin survey that was just released today from the prior survey three months ago. Today, 22 percent of the homeowners surveyed said now was a good time to sell, up from 15 percent in the prior quarter. Eighty-one percent (81%) of those surveyed feel home prices will rise in the coming year and that is up from 75 percent in the prior quarter.
- 81% believe prices will rise in the next 12 months, up from 75% in the fourth quarter;
- 34.1% indicated that missing out on future price gains was a major concern, up from 30.6%, and overtaking general economic conditions (33.8%) as the top concern;
- 49% indicated that they were planning to sell, up from 45%;
- 47% would also consider renting out their home instead of selling, up from 43%;
- 22% believe now is a good time to sell, up from 15%
- 54% believe it is a good time to buy, down from 58%
Now, if you are among the top 22 percent who believe that selling today is the right call, don't hesitate to call me directly at (314) 761-4057.