Green Performance House Hits Multiple Certifications, Greenwich, Ct.
Green home builders use third party green raters to verify that they achieved the goals of building a proper sustainable home. The three popular green building standards here in Connecticut are:
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED for Homes.
- National Green Building Standard by the National Association of Home Builders.
- Energy Star for Homes by the U.S. Department of Energy.
The Performance House in Old Greenwich decided to go for all three certifications plus a few more and has achieved all that plus a state award. The verification team was done by Stephen Winters and Associates out of Norwalk, Ct.
The Performance House in Old Greenwich, Connecticut has received certifications for:
- Platinum in LEED for Homes.
- Emerald with the National Green Building Standard
- Energy Star Version 3 “HERS Score 20”.
- EPA Indoor AirPlus.
- EPA WaterSence.
- DOE Challenge Home.
- The Home Builders Industry Awards “HOBIs” in Connecticut ~ Best Green Energy Efficient Spec Home.
The Performance House is for sale in Old Greenwich is a new construction state of the art “Green” home with a living area of 3,300 square feet. It consists of 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and 2 half baths with a full unfinished basement.
Some of the green features are:
- PV Solar Panels.
- Air tight Super Insulated Envelope.
- Low Watt ERV system.
- Energy Star LED Lights.
- Electric Car Charger.
- Tankless Hot Water.
- Efficient Hot Water Circulator.
- Online Home Energy Management System.
- WaterSense fixtures.
- Energy Star Appliances.
- Low VOC finishes.
- Cabinetry FSC certified.
- Recycled quartz counter tops.
- Drought Tolerant Landscaping.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the HBA CT Green Homes Council.
- GPRO Construction Management Certified by Urban Green Council, USGBC NY.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.