Williamsville, NY (I-Newswire) January 31, 2013 - First impressions make lasting impressions and the world of real estate is no exception. To make sure a home's initial impact is on point, presentation is a crucial part of the reality game plan for realty. Kim Addelman, one of Williamsville New York's top agents and accredited ASP stager, breaks down the do's and don'ts of staging and organizing a home for a speedy sale.
"Buyers look for turn-key homes that require little to no repair upon moving in. We live in an HGTV generation," says Kim. "Buyers are hesitant to change the paint colors. Staging is a way to enhance the look of your home quickly and easily." Though hiring a professional stager is great, there are easy fixes homeowners can make on their own.
The first step is organization. Kim's motto is to "clean, organize, de-clutter and clean some more!" She employs the "three pile method." This technique is easy to implement, simply, "touch it once and put it in either 'the save,' 'the donate' or 'the throw away' pile."
Kim suggests to "pare down in each room." By cutting back the clutter, "it creates simplicity and keeps things light and airy," she adds.
A 2011 study conducted by RESA, the Real Estate Staging Association, studied 174 homes previously on the market for an average of 156 days before owners hired a skilled stager. Those same homes were then staged, relisted and sold, on average, 4 days after the staging occurred. According to the RESA study, staging decreases the time a house is on the market by 73%.
As an expert stager, Kim stresses the importance of creating illusions. An example is creating the impression of a foyer. "Using a bench, chest or table and mirrors in homes where you step right into the living room can establish the effect of a real foyer," says Kim.
Kim shares these solutions to ensure sale homes are picture perfect throughout the spring season:
* Keep the walk ways and doorways clear an ice free...this ensures a safe pleasing entrance to the home.
* Make sure the front door says "Welcome"...put a wreath on the door and/or an urn of greens on the porch.
* Set the thermostat to a comfortable temperature...especially in a vacant home!
* Let there be light...those winter months mean shorter days so invest in a timer for outside lights and make sure to open curtains and blinds through the day.
* Protect the investment...provide paper surgical booties to preserve your flooring and indicate "pride of ownership" to potential buyers.
* Accessorize with color...bring in some color to add warmth and cheer to the home. Fresh cut flowers and bright accent pillows are a quick fix for a drab interior.
For more information and to order Kim's free booklet "Seven Insider Secrets on Showcasing Your Home for a Successful Sale" please visit LivinginWilliamsville.com or call Kim at 716-816-5654. Connect with Kim on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
About Village Home Sales:
Kim Addelman, from Village Home Sales, is a realtor out of the Buffalo, New York area.
Company Contact Information
Village Home Sales
914 Maple Rd.
Phone : 7168165654
Subscribe to CommentsComment