10 Steps to Preparing Your Home “For Sale”
Preparing your home for sale is more than just a quick paint job or new carpet. You need to prepare you home thru the eyes of the buyer. Buyers look at a property in many ways. While location and their needs are top of the list, they are also looking at what they have to do to the property. Buyers will choose a property that is smaller or more expensive if they feel they can move right in without doing a thing.
- Clean up the yard – put away the hose, kid’s toys, lawn equipment and spruce up the shrubbery and flower beds.
- Remove cop webs from the entry way - if you usually enter thru a garage you may not realize that you have cobwebs growing.
- Replace old hardware on the front door – those brass kick plates, door knobs and door knockers get worn over time. Make the entry inviting by replacing what looks old and worn out.
- De-junk the Foyer- shoes, coats, today’s mail- put the shoes and coats where they belong and trash the junk mail and put the important mail out of sight.
- Clean or replace flooring – if you have carpets that are worn, out dated or a wild color replace it. By replacing you up your chances of getting an offer sooner rather than later.
- Touch up the paint- using the same color paint you can touch up those corners and high traffic area’s giving the entire room the appearance of being painted without all the mess or expense.
- Deep clean the Kitchen – clean out all those crumbs from cabinet drawers, cabinets, counters, inside the refrigerator and stove. If you use drawer liners get rid of them.
- Deep clean the Bathrooms – clean out under the cabinets and linen closet. Start by getting rid of all those almost empty bottles of shampoo, conditioners and out of date medicines.
- Check out your light switches covers – light switch covers in high traffic area tend to get worn over time. If they can’t be cleaned replace.
- Repair or replace what’s not working – if you know you have a plumbing leak or a cracked window or a broken door replace it. Don’t wait for the buyer to find it.
You might be also interested in 10 Top Things Too Do Before You List Your Home For Sale.