Don't forget the details when preparing your home for the market! Consider doing the following:
- Only display clean towels and linens. Dirty or stained fabric is never appealing.
- If you don't' have bathroom towels that match the decor, buy some! One or two well places, clean towels can give a uniform look to a room.
- Examine your rugs. If they are fraying, stained or ripped, replace them.
- Remove old and tattered bedspreads. Even though the buyers aren't purchasing your bedspread, a worn and tired bedspread can transfer to the whole room looking tired and worn. ALWAYS make the beds!
- Look in the kitchen. Are the appliances harvest gold or avocado green? Dated appliances often cause buyers to quickly loose interest in a home, especially if the appliances are staying with the house. If your range/oven is 25 years old, it need to be replaced. If you appliances are in good shape and don't need replaced, make sure to clean off any grease or food stains and splatters.
Please follow me on my blog, ListMoreNow.com! It's filled with tools and tips for listing agents!