How to put a link to your MLS search on your Facebook Business Page - or any link to anything!
How can you put a link on your Facebook page?
The one thing Facebook has made really hard to do is to link your website, or special parts of it, to your business page. It takes some tweaking just to make the link show on the front of it under your page logo, but that is so small people seldom notice it. It you've wished you could have a link to your MLS Search page (or any other page for that matter) you should be able to follow these steps and do so.
Right under the main big banner on the right, they give you 4 spaces to put any kind of colorful banner boxes that you choose to add. Most everyone wants their photos, videos, number of "Likes" and maybe a map locator to show. But if you don't have any videos, and don't care about the map, or whatever, you can put what you want to on there. In fact, to the far right there is a little number (See 5v circled in yellow above). You can actually put any number of pages or links on there...they just don't show unless you click that button.
But most every agent or agency would like to have a link to their MLS search, so here's how to do it, and at the end I will even give you some buttons to use if you'd like. Just right click on one and SAVE AS to your desktop to use. Here's how to do this, step by step...
HOW TO ADD A LINK BUTTON TO A FACEBOOK PAGE
1. Log in to your personal account at Facebook. (the one that is Admin for a page.)
2. Paste this into the Address box of your browser while you are in your profile and signed in. It will take you to this page... - http://apps.facebook.com/iframehost/
3. Click on Install Page Tab. It will ask you which page you want to add it to. (Page means Business page) Choose it and click on ADD PAGE TAB to start.
4. This brings you to a page for the app called Tab Settings. Leave as is except right above the big empty HTML Box you will see Several things to mark. Click REDIRECT. That will open a dropdown where it asks for your website. Fill in your exact website name like http://www.yourpage.com/search/advanced_search/ ... 2nd to last option says Tab Name. Type something in there like SEARCH MLS.
5. Click on Save Settings. Page will refresh, but not go away. It will say in yellow at top that it's been saved. Now look at top right near your name and you will see an arrow for a drop down beside the word "Home". Click the arrow and choose "Use Facebook As" and click your business page. This will take you there.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of your main large banner picture. You'll see some boxes on the right side under the main picture. To the right is an arrow. Click on that and more boxes will pop open. You should see one there that matches your new app. If you didn't change it, it will have 2 spotlights on it. Should also say Search MLS or whatever you named it.
7. Clicking that arrow also opens the edit on all the boxes. Put your mouse on the new box and a Pencil Icon will appear. Click that icon. The first options are where to move it. Your page only shows 4 boxes. Choose which ones you want to display if you have more, and move them by using this edit. Below that same list you will also see EDIT SETTINGS. Click on that. It will open a box and you'll see "Custom Tab Image". Click on CHANGE.
8. This will take you to a nearly empty page with the same icon that says "Upload a Custom Image". Click on CHANGE again. Upload the image you have chosen to use. If you want to make a new one, the size is 111 pixels width by 77 pixels height. Once you upload the new picture, it won't look like anything happens, but it has. Now look at the top right and see your Facebook Page name and click on it. *Note: It appears they've fixed it and you can do this in #4 above if you want to.*
9. Once back on your page, scroll down and look at the boxes again. If it is there, and in the correct order, you're done! That box is now a direct link to your search page.
And below are some buttons for you to use in various colors. If you've found this helpful, please consider giving me a Google Plus. Hope you enjoy playing with it.