HOW DO YOU MARKET YOURSELF???...Keep up Or Lose Out!!! ...it's that simple.
Ever hear these complaints from fellow agents?:
"I can't seem to get my business going"-- "I'm not doing enough business!"; "I just lost another buyer to another agent!"; or "I lost another listing to another agent!"---The truth is they lost these clients to those who are doing the right things! I try to help them out by telling them what I have done with great success.
Houses are selling again--buyers are looking at all kinds of internet sources for their next home purchase.Whomever pops up in their face on the internet is getting the business!
There is no loyalty anymore!
I am NOt an expert; just someone who has learned the ropes---through ACTIVERAIN and years of experience, and keeping an open mind to marketing ideas!
The single most important thing I have done is "catch up!"....If you haven't been on top of the latest ways to get your name out there in the real estate market, begin today to do those things! Today's real estate market does not care if you are doing the right things---it does not care if you can't seem to get new leads from your company website.
Most large companies could care less if you are blogging or if you are taking advantage of SEO on your profile and on your listings! Other agents are doing things you may not know about---learn what is out there for you to take advantage of.
GET THE WORD OUT THERE ABOUT WHO YOU ARE! KEEP UP WITH THE REST OF THE REAL ESTATE WORLD!!!
- ACTIVERAIN is the single most important place in the entire world where a real estate agent needs to be! If you are not blogging frequently and writing GOOD content here on AR you are not doing the BEST thing you can do for yourself. Buy your postion on search engine rankings by becoming a paid "Rainmaker" right here--that gives you great placement on Google searches.
- If Facebook gets you connections with potential buyers and sellers--DO IT! The more exposure, the better your chances of getting people to think of you for real estate.
- Make videos and Real Estate Shows---right here on AR, I found www.realestateshows.com a Real Estate "virtual tour" website where I found a powerful way to make shows and videos....I have had very happy sellers when they see what I can create for their listings. NO one else does the same quality shows and videos in my humble opinion---and it is SO EASY!!!
- Create a CMA that you can send to an aquaintance or a friend of a friend or a fomer client--you never know who can be the next to want to sell their home! I had really great results from personalizing a Comprehensive Market Analysis. (there is a post coming soon from me on this topic!) and the daughter of a client of mine read it. Unfortunately she had lost her Mother to cancer and needed to do something right away with her Mothers summer home...I just got the listing!
- If print ads still work, do them; just pick your places CAREFULLY! Track your results and go by that the next time you want to spend money on a print ad...find the best exposure and always LINK your website URL for more exposure!
- Create your own website; especially if you work for a large company--this can expand your exposure and it will give you the right platform to present your blog or other reports and articles that are important to todays market. Large companies have no idea how to feature their best talent! Your own website that links back to your company's website but features you and you alone is the answer.(I use agentwebsite.com)
- Write a newsletter monthly or bi-monthly with the lastest news on your market---keep it short and to the point---easy to read is key! Send it to ALL of your customer/client base. You can use the idea of a personal CMA for a whole area and mail it to those in that area.
- Keep your name out there in front of people---anywhere you can and at every opportunity, include your website URL.
- ...And don't forget the tried and true: Signs, Open Houses, and anything else you have done in the past that works for you in your area!
Just remember that every agent right now is fighting over fewer buyers and walking away from the overpriced listings that sellers insist upon. Other agents ARE becoming expert at SEO and SER in their ads and websites. Other agents ARE making YouTube videos and virtual tours......you NEED to be there doing that too. If you have not been doing it--start now to learn the ropes. Go for it!
What do you have to lose??? ...A WHOLE LOT!