Non-Permanent Resident Alien Mortgage Requirements:
- The borrower must currently live and work in the US.
- Borrower must have a valid Social Security number and work visa (types below).
- Borrower must have a credit history. We'll either pull a US credit report or an international credit report, as needed.
- Applicant must be employed in the US, income will be verified and must be expected to continue for at least three years.
- Borrower must have a two-year work history, which can include employment in a foreign country. All appropriate verifications would apply.
- One of the following valid visas is required; H-1A, H-1B, L-1, E-1, E-2, E-3, G series, TN or TC NAFTA visa, P-1 and R-1.
If you have or are a non-permanent resident alien buyer and need to know the maximum loan amounts or loan-to-values, get in touch at the contacts below. Remember too, non-permanent resident aliens vary from foreign nationals. RPM can provide home loans for the latter as well, though the requirements are somewhat different --- again, just call or e-mail if I can help.
Have clients who are looking to buy a home in 2013 but could benefit from a discussion on the basics of home financing? Join us for a FREE homebuyer webinar on Tuesday, February 5th between 5:30pm and 6:15pm (PST). Topics we will cover:
Can I really afford to buy a home?
The pre-approval process.
Loan programs available to the buyer (first-time and otherwise).
Working with your real estate agent.
Reserve a spot now at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/916245377845716224