Experts are predicting that the Lake Havasu real estate market as well as most markets across the country will be heating up in 2013. With the inventory of foreclosures and short sales decreasing, demand for traditional home sales as well as new construction is expected to increase. That means that it's a great year to sell your Havasu home, if you are so inclined. A home that is staged to sell will be grabbed up much quicker than an empty or unstaged one. Here are a few quick tips for staging your Lake Havasu home:
- De-Clutter. Home buyers need to be able to see themselves in the space. Having too many knick-knacks, family photos, etc, makes the rooms look smaller and takes the focus off your home's best qualities.
- Furniture. Don't arrest your furniture (ie, put it all against the wall). This is particularly important in the common living areas. Group furniture together away from walls to create cozy conversational areas. This actually opens up the room more. You may also want to move some furniture pieces from one room into another to help dress an area up better.
- Lighting. Many Lake Havasu homes tend to be underlit. Add floor, desk or table lamps in a higher wattage (approximately 100 watts per 50 square feet) to maintain a bright, cheery atmosphere.
- Paint. Soft, neutral tones appeal to a wider audience. When you have a small room, consider painting it the same color as an adjacent room to "extend" it, making it appear larger. You can always add a pop of color with a few well-placed accent pieces.
- Artwork. Avoid a gallery feel by hanging artwork in more creative ways. Instead of hanging it side-by-side around the room, vary the height and space you display it in. Enhance the area above your fireplace mantle by placing a painting directly on the mantle rather than hanging it on the wall above it.
- Accessorize. Just because you put away your personal items doesn't mean you can't accessorize. Cut flowers or branches from your yard's landscaping, place them in interesting vases and place them throughout your home (kitchen, dining room, bedroom, bathroom, living room, etc).
- Hardware. It can be expensive to completely replace cabinets and drawers. So, give them a face lift instead by simply updating or adding new hardware. This is a relatively inexpensive way to create a whole new look for you kitchen or bathroom. You also have tons of choices at any home improvement shop to customize your kitchen's look.
When it comes to staging your Lake Havasu home to sell, a little time, effort and elbow grease can go a long way. If you need help, please contact us. We can get your home dressed and ready for a sales success!
FEATURED LAKE HAVASU HOME
For more information on this and other great Havasu homes for sale, please click here.
Brenda & Willie Gonzalez, RE/MAX Prestige Properties, Lake Havasu real estate
Put the Power of the “G” Force to Work for You Today!
Originally posted on our Lake Havasu Lifestyle real estate blog here: http://lakehavasulifestyle.com/lake-havasu-home-staging-quick-tips/.