My associate Ed Silva of Greater Waterbury wrote an interesting post of Valentines Trivia too good not to be shared. Thanks for the insight to what Valentines Day has become.
Happy Valentine's Day . . . A Bit of Valentine's Trivia
It's Valentine's Day! I already gave my wife a special card this morning, as a way of just thanking her for being there. The rest of the evening, will be a surprise to her, but hopefully she'll enjoy it and I'll be good for at least the rest of the week.
Here's a bit of Trivia for Valentines' Day:
- 110 million roses, the majority colour red, will be sold and delivered within a three-day time period.
- The red rose was the favourite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love. Red stands for strong feelings
California produces 60 percent of American roses, but the vast number sold on Valentine's Day in the United States are imported, mostly from South America.
- 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.
- 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
- More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine's Day.
- While 75% of chocolate purchases are made by women all year long, during the days and minutes before Valentine's Day, 75% of the chocolate purchases are made by men.
- Over $1billion USD worth of chocolate is purchased for Valentine's Day.
- One-third of all Valentine cards are accompanied by gifts.
- An estimated 25% of Valentine's Day cards are humorous.
- 70% of those celebrating the holiday give a card, followed by a telephone call [49%], gift [48%], special dinner [37%], candy [33%] restaurant meal [30%], and flowers [19%].
- The Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare's lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine's Day.
- About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets. (Probably chocolate.)
- The most fantastic gift of love is the Taj Mahal in India. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan as a memorial to his wife.
Do you know somebody who is behind on their mortgage and doesn't know what to do? I may be able to help them, especially if they are facing foreclosure!
Visit my Short Sale Help site: www.ctshortsalessite.com
Whether looking to buy or sell, we service the Greater Waterbury towns of Beacon Falls, Bethany, Cheshire, Naugatuck, Middlebury, Southington, Thomaston, Waterbury, Watertown and Wolcott
Ed Silva RE/MAX Professionals, www.edwardsilva.com 203-206-0754