The Downtown Coalition of Las Vegas (DCLV) officially opened its doors on February 1, 2008. The Coalition actively joins forces with other vested business owners and strives to educate the nation and surrounding community of the continuing success that more than $20 Billion in improvements will bring the downtown area.
As an entity comprised of business owners, developers, real estate professionals and corporations actively involved in the continued success of downtown Las Vegas, they are working together to fulfill the re-gentrification goals set forth by the city.
As a member’s only coalition, they offer all members a forum to share their thoughts, ideas and plans. A place where projects can be proposed and creative thinking abounds; A place where rumors can be validated or put to rest. A place where information is shared and everyone can converse openly about being a part of the world's most recognized city - Las Vegas!
One of the primary tools used to meet their goals is advocacy. On behalf of members and the Downtown community, they hold strategic meetings with business owners, community organizations, the media and others to enhance the business environment and quality of life in Downtown Las Vegas.
What They Do:
- Represent membership amongst private entities, builders and developers, business owners, governmental agencies and community organizations
- Serve as Downtown's watchdog for growth, safety and investment
- Support redevelopment that stimulates business and economic growth Downtown
- Advocate for improvements that enhance Downtown's quality of life
- Promote development of public facilities and infrastructure that serve Downtown
- Support Downtown Las Vegas as the center for the arts and culture for the region