There are plenty of great places in Texas to spend your Spring Break, so why leave the state?
Here is a list of 5 state parks that we have visited and think that you would enjoy (all of the distances are from the DFW Metroplex):
1) Palo Duro Canyon - Website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/palo-duro-canyon
2) Garner State Park - Website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/garner
3) Big Bend Ranch - Website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/big-bend-ranch
4) Caddo Lake - Website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/caddo-lake
5) Mustang Island - Website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/mustang-island