Maybe Disney holds the ‘magic’ behind the genius of Hannah Montana but whoever thought of the latest marketing has done an incredible job. What is so great about the marketing and what does it have in common with Real Estate Marketing? Here is what Hannah Montana has done:
- I don’t know of anyone previously releasing a movie of their concert tour especially while still touring. Just think of the increased reach Hannah has created. How many more tickets is she going to sell to concerts and now movies because of this release? I suspect this is a huge financial win all around.
- The news of the movie was spread via word of mouth and tickets were sold out almost a month in advance in some areas. I guess it helps that the fans are primarily 6-12 year old girls...but I know some mothers chatting about the movie and making sure they and their friends purchased tickets in advance so that they don't upset their girls.
- Only in theaters for one week. She created scarcity for something that normally is very scalable.
- Marketing properties requires that you think about and look for alternative ways to communicate your services.
- Word of Mouth can drive your business. Think about what is worth talking about. Do you have customers/clients who want to talk about your business? Spread news for you? Do you have a great property to sell?
- Create scarcity of your product. Real Estate by its nature is scarce but can you build on that scarcity? Sometimes scarcity can help create some buzz in the process.
- Creating a brand pays off. Like it or not Hannah Montana has a brand that resonates with her target market and delivers what her fans want. Are you branding your business to best serve your clients?