March ia here and more snow today has arrived, we were reminded of the the old saying that we probably learned as a youngster "MARCH comes in like a lion and out like a lamb,"
MARCH 8, 2013 started out cold and "ferocious" as it roared like a LION with another nasty snowstorm today. Weather alert for RI and where I live in NORTHERN RI LINCOLN
WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING...
- LOCATIONS...CENTRAL AND EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS AWAY FROM THE IMMEDIATE COAST AS WELL AS NORTHERN RHODE ISLAND.
- HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND STRONG WINDS.
- ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 10 INCHES.
- TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS
- A WINTER STORM WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN AN AVERAGE OF 6 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED IN A 12 HOUR PERIOD...OR FOR 8 OR MORE INCHES IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. TRAVEL WILL BE SLOW AT BEST ON WELL
TREATED SURFACES...AND QUITE DIFFICULT ON ANY UNPLOWED OR UNTREATED SURFACES
I cannot wait for this lion to leave and the arrival of the LAMB
Please Come SPRING. There will soon be sunshine and warm breezes and "gentle" like a lamb.
Did you know the Origin of this old saying has with the constellations?
The relative positions of constellations, Leo, the Lion,(Eastern horizon) and Aries, the ram or lamb (Western horizon) In the sky at the beginning and end of the month created the origin of this phrase
Call Kathleen Ann with the Corbett Team for all your Real Estate needs and questions. servicing all of RHODE ISLAND and Southern MASSACHUSETTS area. We are a team of Certified Exclusive Buyer Agents
Licensed RI and Ma since 1972
1614 Lonsdale Avenue
Lincoln, RI 02865
Office: 401-725-5608 Fax: 401-723-4377 Direct line 401-556-6911