- Scottsdale AZ Homes for Sale and Home Sales in February 2013 -
These are the February 2013 results for Scottsdale Arizona home sales. This report also covers homes on the market as well as pending home sales.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY FOR FEBRUARY 2013
There are three sales categories being tracked:
- Homes for sale at the end of February are shown in red.
- Pending sales are shown in green. Again, it depicts how many home sales were pending at the end of February.
- Home Sales for the month are are shown in purple.
FEBRUARY 2013 RESULTS
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was up slightly (1.1%) in February to 1,574. This is where we were about this time last year.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending home sales saw a nice jump to 490 by the end of the month. This is the highest we have seen it since last summer.
- Scottsdale Homes Sold: Sales were up in February due to increased pendings in January. 390 homes sold last month, which brings us back to about where we were before the dip in January.
This next chart has two components. The first part looks at how things have changed on a month over month basis. Of note, both pending sales and home sales both saw an increase of over 17% in February.
The second part is where we look at the average sales price of homes compared with the average listing price. This figure has been in the 95% range for many months now. What that means is that, on average, buyers received a discount of almost 5% off of the asking price.
In summary, February was a good month for Scottsdale home sales. As anticipated, things started to pick up on the pending and sales side. It was good to see inventory increase, but there is still a lot of demand out there that may be being held back by reduced inventory, especially at the lower price points.
Disclaimer: Data and information was pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 3/1/2013 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2013 Heather Tawes Nelson