Do you ever wonder if homeownership is right for you? Well, let me ask you this; do you dream about doing your own yard work, home repairs, puttering around in the garage. If so, then homeownership may be for you. No one really dreams about paying a monthly mortgage, property taxes, insurance etc. But actually being a homeowner definitely makes those things very well worth it.
This is your opportunity to have the American Dream of owning your own home. Putting down roots and starting a family or expanding your current family. However, the home buying process can seem a bit overwhelming, especially if you have never bought a home before.
Here is a step by step guide to help you in your home buying journey.
1. Talk to an experienced realtor who will help you learn what you need to know about the home buying process. You may need to interview several realtors before deciding on the best one for you
2. Decide if you want to keep renting or if you are ready to buy
3. Check your credit and begin improving your credit score
4. Make a budget and determine exactly how much you can afford to spend on your new home. Don't forget that there will be closing costs and other associated fees in addition to the purchase price of your new home
5. Study the different types of mortgages and how they work and then decide which one is right for you
6. Think about where you want to live. What location is best for you and your family
7. Do you want to buy a conventional home, a foreclosure, a fixer-upper etc.
8. You will also need to decide on a mortgage company, home inspector and possibly a real estate attorney or a financial advisor depending on your situation
9. Research the area you have decided to buy a home. Drive through the neighborhood at varying hours, check the current prices of the available homes and notate their condition.
10. Check the crime statistics for that neighborhood
11. Does the neighborhood have the conveniences you are going to need, such as child care, your bank, your favorite grocery stores and restaurants etc.
12. How far is your chosen area from where you work now and where you may potentially be working in the future?
13. Talk to your chosen realtor about supplying you with some home listings that meet your specified criteria
14. Once you have looked through the home listings, let your realtor know which ones you would like to look at
15. After you have chosen a house, your realtor will help you submit an offer
16. Be prepared to negotiate the deal
17. After your offer has been approved, you will need to set up a home inspection
18. You will now need to get your mortgage loan approved
19. Set a closing date and then close on your new home
20. Now all you have to do is get moved and enjoy the home of your dreams
This seems like alot to go through and it is; but all you have to do is call your realtor and let them do the rest. Your realtor will walk you through each and every step of the home buying process and let you know exactly what to do and when. So don't sweat the details and stay in close communication with your realtor and they will make sure things go as smoothly as possible every step of the way!
Original Article Source www.agentsuccessclub.com
For personal use of AgentSuccessClub members only.
Any other use is prohibited.