Buying a home for the first time is a scary proposition for most. Knowing the right questions to ask can make it a bit more manageable. Here’s 10 suggested questions for first time buyers from Jennifer Fivelsdal of Rhinebeck, NY.
First time home buyer
When buying a house for the first time there is so much to consider, from getting approved for a mortgage, finding an agent and actually getting started with the search for that ideal home.
Before you start the search you would have had a consultation with your agents to really determine your needs. You see when buying a home you need to focus on more than price.
10 question you should consider when buying your first home
1. Are there jobs in the area? if not how far would I have to commute?
2 What kind of public transportation is available?
3. How are the schools?
4. What type of recreational activities are available?
5. Where is the hospital and other vital community services located?
6. Is there adequate shopping?
7. Do I want to live in a neighborhood where the homes are close, if not can I find a house with more property in the price range?
8. How quiet is the neighborhood?
9. I am coming from a city, can I really fit into rural living?
10. How about resale, would this property sell quickly and retain value?
Knowing the answer to these question will lead to a successful home buying process without regrets.
copyright by Jennifer Fivelsdal of JFIVE Homes Realty LLC, all rights reserved-Buying a house for the first time 10 question you should consider