Keep up with repairs and upgrades while you own your home! Whether or not you are planning on putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to keep up with repairs and upgrades to keep your home functioning properly and from becoming too outdated. Doing a little at a time will prevent them from building up and becoming costly, should you decide to sell your home.
Here are some inexpensive ideas if you are looking to improve your home....
1. Add a fresh coat of paint. (this applies to every room as well as outside areas of your
home, doors, decks and railings)
2. Ensure that your home has nice clean and well maintained curb appeal. (landscaping,
front entrance and even mailbox). Add storm door or replace front door if needed.
3. Replace outdated light fixtures throughout the home.
4. Replace kitchen and bathroom cabinet hardware.
5. Replace kitchen and bathroom faucets.
6. Add a backsplash to your kitchen countertops.
7. Replace old bathroom mirrors.
8. Replace the toilet seats.
9. Regrout the bath tub, shower and sink areas.
10.Replace worn out flooring, whether being carpet, linoleum, wood or tile.
If you keep up with the repairs and do a little upgrades at a time, you can manage the cost and enjoy the updates while you live in the home instead of doing all the repairs when it is time to sell. Keep in mind, the kitchen and bathrooms are the most important rooms to keep updated, and they can also be the most costly!
If you are considering selling your home in the Fayetteville and Fort Bragg Area,Contact me for a free, no obligation, Market Analysis!
Keller Williams Realty