Many sellers are curious about what they can do to add value to their home and sell it as quickly as possible. While repairs, indoor upgrades and renovations are essential to prepare a home for the market, it is imperative that homeowners don't neglect their yards, as this is the first thing a potential buyer will see when they come to view the property. In fact, creating a picturesque yard is one of the most beneficial things you can do to increase the home's value. According to the American Nursery and Landscape Association, an attractive yard can increase the home's value from 7% to 14%. In addition, homes with nice landscaping sell on average five to six weeks faster than those without. Landscaping your home can certainly be expensive to finish and maintain; however, there are a number of simple tricks that will add curb appeal to your home without depleting your bank account.
- Make a budget and a plan. This will not only give you a mental picture of what you want the finished product to look like, but it will also ensure you have enough space and are spending only the money you have set aside for your home's curb appeal. In addition, plan your hard for all visual perspectives. Aside from attractiving potential buyers, it should also add beauty and freshness to your life, so you will want to make sure you have a nice view from your favorite areas of your home.
- Keep maintenance in mind. Choose low-maintenance bushes, trees and perennials. This not only saves you money on maintenance, but it also attracts a wide range of buyers who shy away from a yard that looks too time consuming or expensive to upkeep.
- Think about color. Choose plants for all seasons so that your yard will always stand out. Use colors that go with the seasons.
- Use Perennials that will re-bloom every year, but add Annuals that only bloom once to add color in the Summer.
- Add depth to flower beds. Plant tall flowers in the back, medium sized plants in the middle and small blooms in front. This will make the flower beds look full no matter what the size is!
- Make sure to edge the areas where the grass meets the flower beds, mulch or gardens to make everything look clean and fresh.
- For homes in close vicinity to neighbors, privacy could be a major draw for potential buyers. Strategically plant large trees or bushes that block neighbors views. You can also peak interest from home buyers if you plant trees in certain areas that create shade or block wind.
- Use groundcover to cover large spaces or to add interest in between trees and bushes. This is very low cost maintenance, and it will minimize the growth of weeds.
- Cover unsightly areas with a large bush or plant.
- Use potted plants and hanging plants if you have a small yard or don't have the time and resources to landscape.
For those who are landscaping in order to sell their home, it is important to remember you have to maintain it and keep it looking nice before potential buyers arrive to view your property. Here are a few simple tricks that will keep your yard in selling condition.
- Remove debris every day. Remember, you don't want your yard to look like a lot of work to keep up.
- Keep the lawn mowed and trim the trees and bushes.
- Refresh flower bed mulch before showings or open houses. This creates a "just planted" look, and only costs a few dollars.
- Take care of irrigation issues.
- Power-wash dirty surfaces in the front and back yard, including the driveway, patio area, decks, walk ways, fences and the exterior of the home.
- Clean up water features. Remove algae and leaves from pools, ponds and other water areas. In addition, clean the filters and use the proper chemicals so that the water is clear.
- Use turf paint to fix brown spots quickly and cheaply throughout the yard. This is cost effective and lasts! In fact, golf courses use this to keep the courses green during the winter months.
- Replace or clean old or dirty containers, like hanging plants and potted plants on the porch or throughout the yard.
Sharing these tips with your sellers will not only add value to their homes, but it will also increase buyer appeal to sell it faster and as profitable as possible!
To read more about how to improve service to your client, please visit: http://connecttimes.com/