Tucson, Arizona is #1 in our hearts and others. Most notably, did you know:
· #1 Tucson Ranked Best City for Hotels and Spas: Zagat Survey ranked Tucson the number one city for spas and resorts in its Top U.S. Hotels, Resorts and Spas edition. The guide is based on the ratings and reviews of nearly 20,000 frequent travelers.
· Top Ten City for High-Tech: Fast Company magazine names Tucson to its Fast Cities list -- 10 United States cities that offer the "most potent mix of talent, technology and tolerance."
· #2 Top Hotel for Nature Lovers: Sunset magazine has named Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in its top 10 hotels for nature lovers. Within minutes of leaving the resort, you can hike into a virtual wilderness area via the easy-to-access Ventana Canyon trail that begins just a short walk away.
· Top Ten Spas Destinations: Canyon Ranch and Miraval make a top 10 spas list. Allure magazine confirms something we already knew: Canyon Ranch and Miraval are among the best spa destinations in the United States and Mexico.
· #2 Entrepreneurial Hot Spot: Tucson is ranked among mid-size cities according to the National Research Policy Council. The rankings combined data on a region's startups and their growth.
· Tops Among Public National Universities: U.S. News & World Report ranks The University of Arizona among the best public national universities, according to its latest rankings in America's Best Colleges. The Eller College of Management ranks 12th on the list for undergraduate business programs. The Eller College is also one of only three institutions to maintain top-five status in the Management Information Systems business specialty since the inception of the U.S. News rankings.
· #3 Most Digital City: The most technology-advanced cities in America have been named by The Center for Digital Government based on its Digital Cities Survey. The study examined how city governments are utilizing digital technologies to better serve their citizens and streamline operations.
· Most Playful City: Tucson is one of the most playful cities, according to KaBOOM! Tucson is one of the 31 founding members of the Playful City USA initiative, an effort to recognize communities that achieve better public policy, funding and public awareness for increased play opportunities for kids. Tucson was recognized for fulfilling a pledge to five specific commitments to play that have a lasting impact on issues including childhood obesity, public safety, and quality of life. Other Arizona cities to make the list are Chandler, Phoenix, Gilbert, and Yuma.
· #4 Local Bed and Breakfast: The Royal Elizabeth B&B ranked in a Top 10 survey conducted by BedandBreakfast.com. Business travelers seeking the comforts of home while on the road. Guest surveys speak of the Tucson Bed and Breakfast as "grand and beautiful, with fabulous hospitality and incredible food."
• #4 America's Fittest Cities: Men's Fitness magazine has come out with its list of "America's Fittest Cities." Categories used to rank cities included numbers of clubs and gyms; fitness-related activities available; nutritional habits; air quality; and geography.