5 Buying Tips
1. Get pre-approved - Before you can seriously consider purchasing a home; know exactly how much you can afford. This seems to be the scariest part of the buying process. It's perfectly natural to be nervous about pulling your credit. Please contact G4toronto. We will put you in touch with someone you can trust!
2. Always think resale - In Canada, due to the mobility of our economy, the length of ownership is about 5 to 7 years. Keep that in mind when looking for your next home. For instance, homes backing up to a busy street or railroad sell for less and take longer to sell then other homes in the neighbourhood.
3. Aesthetics can be changed - Flooring, light fixtures, plumbing, paint colors and wallpaper can all be changed. Don't let the lime green wallpaper turn you off of your dream home. Think use of the layout and how you can make this home yours!
4. Don't wait! - Time and time again, we have seen home buyers fall in love with a property, wait a few days to make a decision because they are nervous and the home that they fell in love with SOLD! If you love the home, that IS the one. Don't wait for someone else to live in YOUR home.
5. Compare sales - To determine the best price to offer for or to know if the asking price is correct, look at the recent sales of similar homes. These are called "comparable sales." Comparable sales are recent sales of homes that compare closely to the one you are looking to purchase, usually sold in the past few months. Specifically, you want to compare prices of homes that are similar in square footage, garage spaces, number of bedrooms and baths, lot size, etc. Please contact G4toronto to insure that you are paying the right price for your next home.
Subscribe to CommentsComment