The best way to begin a search for your house in Newton MA is by going to open houses. This is a great way to introduce yourself to both the area and it's real estate offerings. Familiarize yourself with city's various villages and narrow your search georgraphically. Pricing in Newton is highly connected to the area, proximity to village, and zip code prestige. But anywhere you live you will have access to one of Massachusetts' best public school system.
In Newton, public open houses are held on weekends, mostly Sundays. Broker tour is on Thursday mornings and afternoons, and although the time is often posted to the public, home buyers seldom attend.
When planning your open house tour, take into consideration the following:
- Times of the open houses. Some are held for only one hour, some for longer. Ensure you have the times written down correctly. Get there with at least ten minutes to look around, longer for a larger or more interesting property.
- Location. Map your tour so you reach places efficiently. Don't underestimate this Boston suburb's vastness. Try to focus on no more than two villages each outing.
- Don't forget to sign-in. We ask people to sign-in for several reasons, not only for marketing purposes. If you don't wish to be contacted by the agent after the open house, please ask. Don't give fake information.
- Be respectful of the hosting agent's time. Sunday is the busiest day of the week for real estate agents, and we often need to be in several different places at the same time.
- If you are new to the area, take your time to drive or walk around the neighborhood. Don't rely on the listing agent's account of the area's virtues, see for yourself!
If you are interested in looking at houses for sale in Newton MA this weekend, feel free to contact me and I can put together a customized tour for you. I see many properties before the open house, and I may be able to help you narrow down your search.
Search for weekend open houses no earlier than Friday. Click on the link for a current list of Newton Open Houses this Weekend.